Re: Recommended git packaging work flow for backports?

Hi Simon,

On Freitag, 24. April 2015, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Do you commit your dch --bpo change in debian/changelog and sign that
> tag?  What do you do when you want to make an unstable upload?  Remove
> the bpo changelog entry or let it stay?

I go back to the last commit in the master branch.

So eg

git checkout 0.52
dch --bpo
git commit -a -m "release as 0.52~bpo8+1"
git tag -s 0.52_bpo8+1 -m "release as 0.52~bpo8+1"
git push
git checkout master # equals 0.52 atm

cheers,
	Holger