Re: Backporting edk2 for Wheezy?

Hi Steven & others,

Steve Langasek wrote (18 Jul 2014 17:26:21 GMT) :
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 05:11:57PM +0200, intrigeri wrote:
>> May I upload it to wheezy-backports?

> No objection.  But note that since this is realtime code, the package has no
> dependencies and should essentially be identical when rebuilt with a
> different toolchain (and if not, that's a bug!); so I don't see much value
> in a backport as opposed to just installing the package from unstable.

I have indeed used the package from testing/sid in the past on Wheezy.
My goal was to avoid making Tails' test suite setup documentation more
complicated than it already is.

Still, point taken: I do care about not overloading the backports
archive (and its maintainers!) with not-so-useful backports, so I will
handle it differently.

Thanks for the useful comments!

Cheers,
--