Re: Installing owncloud from wheezy-backports

Hi Gunnar, hi Alexander

On  So 06 Okt 2013 17:00:40 CEST, Gunnar Wolf wrote:

Alexander Wirt dijo [Sat, Oct 05, 2013 at 08:19:52PM +0200]:
> > /me bangs head against wall to the rhythm of "mea culpa, mea culpa"...
>
> hehehe... And I though I am the only one who sometimes uploads untested packages... :-)
This is in now way funny and can lead to rejected upload permission.

Please test your packages before uploading. TEST! not just installation (even
that seems too much).

It's not funny at all, I recognize+realize, and jsut hoped for the
best. As I had installed Ownclowd from the upstream tarball and needed
no external stuff, I... Well, I forgot all the hard work we have to do
to ensure consistent system status with no extra copies of libraries.

Now, part of my problem will be that, as I am not a user for the
PHP modules themselves, I am not *really* able to test them.

I have just pushed fonts-font-awesome to wheezy-backports. After pushing it, I saw that Alexander removed owncloud from w-b for now.

For the libjs-* packages, I have discussed with the pkg-javascript team. We will have to upload a series of nodejs related packages to wheezy-backports for that (nodejs, coffeescript amongst others).

@Gunnar: I still think that we should keep working on the provisioning of owncloud in wheezy-backports. My employer pays for the time I give to this, but I would also be happy to have company...

Greets,
Mike
--