Re: Installing owncloud from wheezy-backports

Gunnar Wolf dijo [Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 08:30:15AM -0500]:
> GRRRR, I'm sorry I didn't properly check this! I'll start working on
> it today. Yes, a big and public "mea culpa" on my side: I *did* build
> on a Wheezy machine, but I didn't even try to install it. And it
> shows.
>
> I'll give it some work today when I get to my main computer, and will
> try to work around the unmet requirements. I hope to be able to avoid
> to package too many dependent packages... but it might come as a
> needed issue :(

Wow... the list of packages is not small. I guess this comes because
of the good work of the team, of unbundling the many included
libraries, as installing it from the upstream tarball was just too
easy. And me, naively and blindly, just pushed it :-|

> > Do you need more help with the other packages?
>
> Yes, please do so, I'll (mentally?) mark it as work-in-progress. I
> cannot tell you right now what else I need help with, but at least,
> I'll give some assessment later today.

Ok, so from a first look, the missing packages Ownclowd depends on
(and quite in line with your mail) are:

fonts-font-awesome
libjs-chosen
libjs-pdf
libjs-jquery-minicolors
php-aws-sdk
php-google-api-php-client
php-irods-prods
php-patchwork-utf8
php-sabre-dav
php-sabre-vobject
php-seclib
php-symfony-routing
php5-json

There are several versioned dependencies, but they do not seem to pose
any problem (as they are either already met in Wheezy or not present —
That is, no further backports are needed for packages already in
Wheezy).

So, in short: You offered your help, and I will surely accept it. I
uploaded this mess, and have to be responsible and fulfill its
dependencies at the very least. I do not think I am a proper
maintainer for JS-based code, as I'm pretty much a newbie on the
language and keep "not getting" it. And yes, I hate PHP, but at least
I'm able to, er, parse+fix it sometimes :)

So, I'll start looking at the missing php-*; Mike, you offered to help
by uploading fonts-font-awesome, please do! And if somebody can take
up the libjs-* packages, I'll be most grateful. If not, I'll
eventually get to them as well.

I just *hope* that to get them packaged I don't have to unravel a
whole mess of further dependencies. I am optimist, though, as they
*tend* to be more self-contained than applications.

/me bangs head against wall to the rhythm of "mea culpa, mea culpa"...