Re: Iceweasel in Squeeze and security

On 27-06-13 13:06, Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> FireFox 3.x is pretty useless at this time. (Iceweasel 3.5 on Debian 6.0)
>
> Youtube doesn't work - Adobe don't support Linux anymore, and WebM is
> not supported either in FFox 3.x and in Squeeze.

So far I know you can use Youtube with Iceweasel 3.5, but my experience
is a few months old. There are older computers with an AMD processor
what cannot use the latest Flash version, but you can use an older
version of Flash.

Adobe does support Linux flash, but only with security fixes.
And they support the pepper-API what Chrome is using.

> And the Open-Source Gnash is a crash.

Gnash from Wheezy is useuable for Youtube, but not for most other video
sites.

> GMail - works in limited mode (basic HTML).
> Googe Maps - fails to render.
> Facebook - works.
> Vkontakte (Russian facebook) - gives me Javascript errors.
>
> So... we do have a serious problem with Web 2.0 sites and Debian 6.0
> (Iceweasel 3.5, and no amount of patching can fix it).

You don't give many good examples, and I don't have good examples too.

But I know there are too many sites what does not work anymore, or are
too slow because of javascript.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl