Re: Iceweasel in Squeeze and security

On 27-06-13 09:58, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jun 2013, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
>
>> Please tell me about a browser what is supported. Epiphany? Chromium?
>> Konquerer? Debian is not so clear about what's not supported anymore,
>
> IIRC there was some announcement that all those desktop browsers
> (including Bloatzilla Firesomething) are *not* security-supported
> in stable as-is.

I've missed that announcement, but it's the reality so far I know.

For some time the list of open issues of the security team was open on
the internet and there you could see it. But it's only open for DD's now.

Another reality is that older browsers are not really useable anymore,
even when the security issues where fixed.

> I’d say Lynx is supported…

;-)

Groet,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl