Re: Iceweasel in Squeeze and security

On 26/06/13 11:41 AM, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
I use Iceweasel 10 from squeeze-backports for my desktop customers, and
I expect many desktop users have switched to that version.

If you don't want to use the suggestion that Roel Wagenaar proposed, perhaps you should consider migrating your users to Wheezy. After all it is now the stable version of Debian and eventually all security support of Squeeze will stop as it is only continued for about a year after a new release.

I expect many desktop users have done this and you will note that Wheezy has the version of Iceweasel that you desire.

Your contention that Squeeze now does not have a secure browser might not be completely accurate as Iceweasel is not the only Internet Browser available in Debian. Presumably, the others will continue to be maintained as long as the rest of oldstable. I believe Iceweasel became somewhat of a special case when Mozilla went to a fast release cycle, Firefox is now at v22.0.