Re: Wanted: maintainer for git backport to wheezy

Mike Gabriel wrote:

> As I see from your QA page, you are a DD. Please apply for upload
> rights to Debian backports

Done: https://rt.debian.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=4813

[...]
> In case you would love a wheezy(+wheezy-backports) user to maintain
> that git backport (and in case Julien who previously uploaded Git to
> wheezy-backports is unavailable), I will be happy to jump in.

Thanks for the kind offer.  That would be excellent.

I've put a proposed upload at

  http://people.debian.org/~jrnieder/temp/
  git://git.debian.org/~jrnieder-guest/git.git debian-stable-backports

I've tested it in a wheezy chroot, but if you have a chance to poke at
it more in everyday use, that would be great.

For the future, git@packages.debian.org is where most discussion of
git for Debian happens.  /usr/share/doc/git/README.source has more
notes about how the packaging works.

Sincerely,
Jonathan