Wanted: maintainer for git backport to wheezy

Hi,

Yesterday I noticed that wheezy-backports has git 1.8.4-rc3, which has
at least one (important but not super-urgent) security bug that is not
present in stable.  I use jessie, not wheezy, day to day, so I'd like
to have someone to keep track of the backport that I can propose
updates to and generally trust to keep it up to date.

Someone working on this doesn't have to be super-active.  And there
can be more than one.  I just don't want the package to be
unmaintained.

Any takers?

Thanks,
Jonathan