Re: Wanted: maintainer for git backport to wheezy

Hi Jonathan,

On  Fr 06 Dez 2013 20:09:40 CET, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I noticed that wheezy-backports has git 1.8.4-rc3, which has
at least one (important but not super-urgent) security bug that is not
present in stable.  I use jessie, not wheezy, day to day, so I'd like
to have someone to keep track of the backport that I can propose
updates to and generally trust to keep it up to date.

Someone working on this doesn't have to be super-active.  And there
can be more than one.  I just don't want the package to be
unmaintained.

Any takers?

As I see from your QA page, you are a DD. Please apply for upload rights to Debian backports and just push that package yourself(?). Or is there any reason for you not doing so?

In case you would love a wheezy(+wheezy-backports) user to maintain that git backport (and in case Julien who previously uploaded Git to wheezy-backports is unavailable), I will be happy to jump in.

Greets
Mike
--

mike gabriel aka sunweaver (Debian Developer)
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31
mail: sunweaver@debian.org, http://sunweavers.net