Re: evilwm_1.1.0-1~bpo70+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 12:19 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
<glaubitz@physik.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> The changelog entry for 1.1.0-1~bpo70+1 contains all the changes since
> 1.0.0-1, so I am not sure what's missing.

Rather than modifying the previous changelog entry, there should be an
additional entry at the top containing just the changes required for
the backport.

In the trivial case, this will be something like:

evilwm (1.1.0-1~bpo60+1) squeeze-backports-sloppy; urgency=low

  * Rebuild for squeeze-backports-sloppy.

 -- Joe Healy <joe@joehealy@gmail.com>  Wed, 04 Sep 2013 00:27:07 +1000

evilwm (1.1.0-1) wheezy-backports; urgency=low

  * New maintainer.
  * New upstream release. (Closes: #542343)
    + Fixes hangs with 100% CPU if no .xinirc provided (Closes: #554846)
    + Fixes hangs instead of shutting down when killed (Closes: #512548)
  * Update debian/control:

> I'm sorry, I currently feel a bit dumb for not grasping the problem ;).

took me awhile too. :)

>>> Also, I'm not sure what do you mean with changes not done for the
>>> backport. The backport contains all the same changes that were applied
>>> to the latest unstable version.
>> And thats wrong. The backports entry should only contain the changes done for
>> the backports version.
>
> Which were none, in fact. The package is just rebuilt in a Wheezy
> changeroot.
>
> So, if I get it right, in order to backport, one:
>
> - creates a changelog entry with all the changes between the unstable
>   version and the backport
>
> - builds the package with pbuilder --debbuildopts -v1.0.0-1

where the 1.0.0-1 should be the last version in stable/relevant
backports. This puts the
change from the changelog into the .changes file.

Hope that helps in your understanding.

Joe