Re: evilwm_1.1.0-1~bpo70+1_amd64.changes REJECTED

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz schrieb am Tuesday, den 03. September 2013:

> On 09/03/2013 04:12 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> >> I'm not sure whether I can follow you here. I was pretty sure Mateusz
> >> included all the changes since 1.0.0-1 as evilwm has been rejected
> >> for that reason from wheezy-backports before. I checked the changelog
> >> and I thought it was ok.
> > No. He merged just everything into the latest changelog entry, which is
> > wrong.
> >
> > Adding those old entrys is done via the "-v" option of dpkg-buildpackage.
>
> Ok, I see. Is there some documentation on that which I can read? This
> is my first upload to backports so I'm still not a 100% sure what I am
> missing.
>
> The changelog entry for 1.1.0-1~bpo70+1 contains all the changes since
> 1.0.0-1, so I am not sure what's missing.
Again: thats wrong and thats not what is written in:
http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/

"Include all changelog entries since the last version on debian-backports or
since stable if it's the first version. You should do this by passing "-v" to
dpkg-buildpackage. Eg: "debuild -v0.7.5-2", where "0.7.5-2" is the version in
stable. If the package wasn't in stable or backports before you don't have
include the changelog entrys (but you are free to do so)."

If done so the .changes contains several changelog entrys afterwards.
You only merged all changelogs entrys into the latest entry.

Alex
--
Alexander Wirt, formorer@formorer.de
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A