Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

Le Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 10:51:38AM +0200, Micha Lenk a écrit :

> I meant it is not the right place to challenge the reasons for Debian
> Policy 5.6.18 in general. Dropping that requirement for backports is
> IMHO also kind of challenging it in general. The challenge in itself is
> not a bad thing. But given that Debian Backports are now official part
> of Debian, I think it is a good idea to involve Debian Policy makers too.

Hello everybody,

I think that Policy's section 5.6.18 does not require to include multiple
changelog entries when uploading backports.  First, I think that this section
was not written with the support of multiple archive components in mind.
Second, we have a long-standing practice of not including multiple changelog
entries when uploading to unstable a package that had some intermediate
versions uploaded to experimental.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy