Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

Hi Alexander,

Am 01.07.2013 10:32, schrieb Alexander Wirt:
>> Debian Policy 5.6.18 exists for good reasons. But IMHO the
>> backports mailing list isn't the right place to challenge those
>> reasons.
>
> It is exactly the correct place.

I meant it is not the right place to challenge the reasons for Debian
Policy 5.6.18 in general. Dropping that requirement for backports is
IMHO also kind of challenging it in general. The challenge in itself is
not a bad thing. But given that Debian Backports are now official part
of Debian, I think it is a good idea to involve Debian Policy makers too.

However, back to the initial topic. By referring to the Debian Policy I
just intended to get the origin of this .changes requirement for
backport uploads back in mind.

FWIW personally I still like this requirement and would keep it.

Regards,
Micha