Re: getting rid of the .changes requirements

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 09:27:12PM -0400, James McCoy wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 06:33:34PM -0400, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > >
> > > Just use 'apt-get changelog' instead of aptitude.
> >
> > Apologies, but I did not understand. What do you mean by 'apt-get
> > changelog'?
>
> He meant to use 'apt-get changelog' instead of 'aptitude changelog'.
> From apt-get(8):
>
>   changelog
>       changelog downloads a package changelog and displays it through sensible-pager. …

Ah, thanks. I got confused because I wasn't aware that apt-get had
this option. apt-get changelog gave me "E: Handler silently failed",
which put me off.

Thanks.

Kumar
--
On the Internet, no one knows you're using Windows NT
		-- Submitted by Ramiro Estrugo, restrugo@fateware.com