Re: Dependency issues upgrading icedove to 10.0.12-1~bpo60+1

On 01/23/2013 04:12 PM, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> there is -t squeeze-backports missing. See the docs [1] for details.

Derp.  Well, tried that and the result is not too much better:

---------------8<---------------
# aptitude -t squeeze-backports install icedove
  libnss3{ab} libvpx1{a} libxcb-shm0{a}
  icedove libcairo2 libpixman-1-0 libsqlite3-0
4 packages upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 150 not upgraded.
Need to get 22.2 MB of archives. After unpacking 5,759 kB will be used.
  libnss3: Conflicts: libnss3-1d (< 2:3.13.4-2) but 3.12.8-1+squeeze6 is
installed and it is kept back.
  libpixman-1-dev: Depends: libpixman-1-0 (= 0.16.4-1) but
0.24.0-1~bpo60+1 is to be installed.
  libcairo2-dev: Depends: libcairo2 (= 1.8.10-6) but 1.10.2-7~bpo60+1 is
to be installed.

      Remove the following packages:
1)      icedove
2)      libbonoboui2-dev
3)      libcairo2-dev
4)      libgail-dev
5)      libglade2-dev
6)      libgnomecanvas2-dev
7)      libgnomeui-dev
8)      libgtk2.0-dev
9)      libpango1.0-dev
10)     libpixman-1-dev

      Keep the following packages at their current version:
11)     libnss3 [Not Installed]

      Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
12)     enigmail recommends icedove | iceape

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

      Remove the following packages:

1)      ca-certificates-java

2)      default-jre

3)      default-jre-headless

4)      deskbar-applet

5)      ekiga

6)      empathy

7)      epiphany-browser

8)      epiphany-extensions

9)      evolution

10)     evolution-data-server

11)     evolution-exchange

12)     evolution-plugins

13)     flashplugin-nonfree

14)     gnome

15)     gnome-accessibility

16)     gnome-applets

17)     gnome-control-center

18)     gnome-core

19)     gnome-desktop-environment

20)     gnome-office

21)     gnome-panel

22)     gnome-session

23)     hamster-applet

24)     iceweasel

25)     jxplorer

26)     libaccess-bridge-java

27)     libaccess-bridge-java-jni

28)     libbonoboui2-dev

29)     libcairo2-dev

30)     libcamel1.2-14

31)     libebook1.2-9

32)     libedata-book1.2-2

33)     libedataserverui1.2-8

34)     libevolution

35)     libgail-dev

36)     libglade2-dev

37)     libgnomecanvas2-dev

38)     libgnomeui-dev

39)     libgtk2.0-dev

40)     libnss3-1d

41)     libpango1.0-dev

42)     libpixman-1-dev

43)     librpm1

44)     librpmio1

45)     openjdk-6-jdk

46)     openjdk-6-jre

47)     openjdk-6-jre-headless

48)     openjdk-6-jre-lib

49)     openoffice.org

50)     openoffice.org-base

51)     openoffice.org-base-core

52)     openoffice.org-calc

53)     openoffice.org-common

54)     openoffice.org-core

55)     openoffice.org-draw

56)     openoffice.org-emailmerge

57)     openoffice.org-evolution

58)     openoffice.org-filter-binfilter

59)     openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev

60)     openoffice.org-gcj

61)     openoffice.org-gnome

62)     openoffice.org-gtk

63)     openoffice.org-help-en-us

64)     openoffice.org-impress

65)     openoffice.org-java-common

66)     openoffice.org-math

67)     openoffice.org-officebean

68)     openoffice.org-report-builder-bin

69)     openoffice.org-style-galaxy

70)     openoffice.org-style-tango

71)     openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us

72)     openoffice.org-writer

73)     python-evolution

74)     python-uno

75)     rpm2cpio

76)     xulrunner-1.9.1

      Leave the following dependencies unresolved:

77)     alacarte recommends gnome-panel

78)     ca-certificates-java recommends libnss3-1d

79)     capplets-data recommends gnome-control-center (>= 1:2.30.1-2)

80)     epiphany-browser-data recommends epiphany-browser

81)     evolution-common recommends evolution

82)     evolution recommends evolution-plugins

83)     file-roller recommends rpm2cpio

84)     gnome-applets recommends deskbar-applet

85)     gnome-panel-data recommends gnome-panel

86)     gnome-panel recommends gnome-control-center

87)     gnome-panel recommends evolution-data-server

88)     gnome-system-tools recommends gnome-control-center (>=
1:2.10.1-1)
89)     gnome-desktop-environment recommends gnome-accessibility

90)     metacity recommends gnome-session | x-session-manager

91)     mousetweaks recommends gnome-control-center

92)     openoffice.org-evolution recommends evolution

93)     openoffice.org-help-en-us recommends openoffice.org-core (>
1:3.2.1) | language-support-translations-en
94)     openoffice.org-writer recommends openoffice.org-filter-binfilter

95)     openoffice.org-writer recommends openoffice.org-math

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.
---------------8<---------------

>> accidentally, you are agreeing that I am "the intended recipient," and
>> that I may do whatever I wish with the contents of any message received
>> from you, unless a pre-existing agreement prohibits me from so doing.
>>
>> This overrides any disclaimer or statement of confidentiality that may
>> be included on your message.
>
> did I ever said what legal bullshit those disclaimers are?

Hence my parody / counter-disclaimer. :) It's a tad lengthy but usually
gets some good comments...

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com

If you correspond with me on a regular basis, please read this document:
http://www.chrishowie.com/email-preferences/

PGP fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5