Dependency issues upgrading icedove to 10.0.12-1~bpo60+1

Hello,

I've been unable to upgrade to the latest version of icedove in bpo
(10.0.12-1~bpo60+1) due to dependency issues.  Google has suggested that
other people are not having this problem, so I come here seeking help.

It looks like the newer version of libcairo2 that icedove depends on
conflicts in some way with other gnome packages; aptitude suggests that
I either leave icedove alone, or uninstall almost every gnome-related
package.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  Various command outputs follow.

--------------8<--------------
$ apt-cache policy icedove
icedove:
  Installed: 3.1.16-1~bpo60+1
  Candidate: 10.0.12-1~bpo60+1
  Version table:
     10.0.12-1~bpo60+1 0
        100 http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports/
squeeze-backports/main amd64 Packages
        500 http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports/icedove-esr
amd64 Packages
 *** 3.1.16-1~bpo60+1 0
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.0.11-1+squeeze15 0
        500 http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/main amd64 Packages
     3.0.11-1+squeeze12 0
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/main amd64 Packages

$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ squeeze-updates main contrib
non-free

deb http://backports.debian.org/debian-backports squeeze-backports main
contrib non-free
deb http://mozilla.debian.net/ squeeze-backports icedove-esr

# aptitude install icedove
  libnss3{ab} libvpx1{a}
  icedove{b}
1 packages upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 20.4 MB of archives. After unpacking 4,772 kB will be used.
  icedove: Depends: libcairo2 (>= 1.10.2-2~) but 1.8.10-6 is installed.
           Depends: libpixman-1-0 (>= 0.18.0) but 0.16.4-1 is installed.
           Depends: libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.7.4) but 3.7.3-1 is installed.
  libnss3: Conflicts: libnss3-1d (< 2:3.13.4-2) but 3.12.8-1+squeeze6 is
installed.

     Remove the following packages:
1)     icedove

     Keep the following packages at their current version:
2)     libnss3 [Not Installed]

     Leave the following dependencies unresolved:
3)     enigmail recommends icedove | iceape

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] n

      Remove the following packages:

1)      ca-certificates-java

2)      default-jre

3)      default-jre-headless

4)      deskbar-applet

5)      ekiga

6)      empathy

7)      epiphany-browser

8)      epiphany-extensions

9)      evolution

10)     evolution-data-server

11)     evolution-exchange

12)     evolution-plugins

13)     flashplugin-nonfree

14)     gnome

15)     gnome-accessibility

16)     gnome-applets

17)     gnome-control-center

18)     gnome-core

19)     gnome-desktop-environment

20)     gnome-office

21)     gnome-panel

22)     gnome-session

23)     hamster-applet

24)     icedove

25)     iceweasel

26)     jxplorer

27)     libaccess-bridge-java

28)     libaccess-bridge-java-jni

29)     libcamel1.2-14

30)     libebook1.2-9

31)     libedata-book1.2-2

32)     libedataserverui1.2-8

33)     libevolution

34)     libnss3-1d

35)     librpm1

36)     librpmio1

37)     openjdk-6-jdk

38)     openjdk-6-jre

39)     openjdk-6-jre-headless

40)     openjdk-6-jre-lib

41)     openoffice.org

42)     openoffice.org-base

43)     openoffice.org-base-core

44)     openoffice.org-calc

45)     openoffice.org-common

46)     openoffice.org-core

47)     openoffice.org-draw

48)     openoffice.org-emailmerge

49)     openoffice.org-evolution

50)     openoffice.org-filter-binfilter

51)     openoffice.org-filter-mobiledev

52)     openoffice.org-gcj

53)     openoffice.org-gnome

54)     openoffice.org-gtk

55)     openoffice.org-help-en-us

56)     openoffice.org-impress

57)     openoffice.org-java-common

58)     openoffice.org-math

59)     openoffice.org-officebean

60)     openoffice.org-report-builder-bin

61)     openoffice.org-style-galaxy

62)     openoffice.org-style-tango

63)     openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us

64)     openoffice.org-writer

65)     python-evolution

66)     python-uno

67)     rpm2cpio

68)     xulrunner-1.9.1

      Leave the following dependencies unresolved:

69)     alacarte recommends gnome-panel

70)     ca-certificates-java recommends libnss3-1d

71)     capplets-data recommends gnome-control-center (>= 1:2.30.1-2)

72)     epiphany-browser-data recommends epiphany-browser

73)     evolution-common recommends evolution

74)     evolution recommends evolution-plugins

75)     file-roller recommends rpm2cpio

76)     gnome-applets recommends deskbar-applet

77)     gnome-panel-data recommends gnome-panel

78)     gnome-panel recommends gnome-control-center

79)     gnome-panel recommends evolution-data-server

80)     gnome-system-tools recommends gnome-control-center (>=
1:2.10.1-1)
81)     gnome-desktop-environment recommends gnome-accessibility

82)     metacity recommends gnome-session | x-session-manager

83)     mousetweaks recommends gnome-control-center

84)     openoffice.org-evolution recommends evolution

85)     openoffice.org-help-en-us recommends openoffice.org-core (>
1:3.2.1) | language-support-translations-en
86)     openoffice.org-writer recommends openoffice.org-filter-binfilter

87)     openoffice.org-writer recommends openoffice.org-math

88)     enigmail recommends icedove | iceape

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] q
Abandoning all efforts to resolve these dependencies.
Abort.

--
Chris Howie
http://www.chrishowie.com

If you correspond with me on a regular basis, please read this document:
http://www.chrishowie.com/email-preferences/

PGP fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5