Re: Wheezy freeze and squeeze-backports-sloppy

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 10:51:20AM +0200, Jeroen Schot wrote:
> When will the squeeze-backports-sloppy suite be available for uploads?

I think one argument for it was so that upgrades from oldstable + -backports to
stable work, given that -backports will not contain something newer than
stable. However I think it's reasonable to require people upgrading from
oldstable + -backports to stable + -backports with a few packages in -backports
that are needed to keep the upgrade sane. (Like if I used a postgresql newer
than stable already, I certainly want the same from -backports anyway.)

I'm not really happy with adding other suites to the wanna-build/buildd setup
if that can at all be avoided. I'd like to encourage a serious thought on this
by the bpo administrators.

(The effort is not so much on the wanna-build side but the fact that every
buildd needs to be adjusted and be able to build in a defined chroot.)

Kind regards
Philipp Kern