Re: Cannot boot with raid1 and lvm since 3.2.0.0-bpo.1 and initrd 0.99~bpo60+1

On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 18:12 +0100, Peter Schaefer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Since Kernel 3.2.4 (linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.1-amd64) and the
> connected update of initramfs-tools to 0.99~bpo60+1 the initrd
> is unable to mount the root filesystem.
>
> I have to manually enter the following commands at the busybox
> prompt:
>
>   lvm pvscan
>   lvm vgscan
>   lvm lvscan
>   lvm lvchange -a y /dev/vg00
>   exec /scripts/local
>
> The issue is independend from the kernel version, since it also
> happens if i want to try the 2.6.32-bpo-5 image (that initrd got
> updated, too).

Why do you have 2.6.32-bpo.5?  Did you not fully upgrade to squeeze?

If you have fully upgraded to squeeze and don't have any older packages,
then I suggest you report a bug in initramfs-tools to the Debian BTS.
This package version is identical to initramfs-tools 0.99 and I don't
see any obviously related fixes in initramfs-tools 0.100.

> Unfortunately, i don't know how to fix the issue and get lvm to
> work automatically again and downgrading initramfs does also
> remove the new kernel.

But the old kernel version did work for you, so you do have the option
to downgrade both.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
One of the nice things about standards is that there are so many of them.