Re: Debian Backports are inconsistent - any ideas ?

On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 08:54, Stig Sandbeck Mathisen <ssm@debian.org> wrote:
Micha Lenk <micha@debian.org> writes:

> This is a wording problem. 'Complaints' somehow convey the implicit
> expectation that the recipient is supposed to fix the problem. And, as
> we just learned, fixing it is not always possible.

Good point, I can certainly agree on that. :)

I must respectfully disagree.

Debian users and developers are from many cultures and speak many native languages, most of which are not English.

Getting stuck on one very negative interpretation of a single word like that is only counter-productive.

I don't care if it's called a rose or a thorny little thing, when someone "complains", they also "simply point something out".

The negativity is in the eyes of the beholder.

I think it's safe to assume that when someone actually raises a problem to Debian maintainers, that they do so because they want to "point the problem out" to the Debian maintainers. Sometimes these things take the form of a "complaint". Deal with it. And not by being snarky. Grrrr.
--
Jan