Re: Debian Backports are inconsistent - any ideas ?

Hi,

Stig Sandbeck Mathisen wrote:
> Alexander Wirt <formorer@formorer.de> writes:
>> > complaints without solutions never help. These are known limitations,
>> > and until someone has a solution we have live with them.
>
> One should, at least sometimes, be allowed to point out that something
> is wrong without having to fix the problem first.

This is a wording problem. 'Complaints' somehow convey the implicit
expectation that the recipient is supposed to fix the problem. And, as
we just learned, fixing it is not always possible. This is also why we
need the disclaimer at all. So, such vain complaints (that Alexander
initially referred to) really don't help.

If you simply point something out, this is a completely different story.
The author who points something out will more likely accept the answer
that he found a known problem that we have to live with. But of course
any such hint is appreciated.

Regards,
Micha