Re: Iceweasel keeps busy cursor at startup

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl <alexander@schmehl.info> writes:

> Wow, that is kind of a strange.  It also seems, that even when the
> busy-cursor seems to disappear, it is even longer to be seen when moving
> the mouse cursor to the title bar of the iceweasel windows.

> Interesting... The Bug also seems to appear on a "normal" iceweasel in
> testing, so it seems at least not to be a problem with the backport per
> se, but also in the regular Debian package.

> I'll report the bug and we'll see, if the maintainer has an idea about it.
> Sorry, but I don't think that kind of bug is beyond my knowledge :(

Smells like a bug with startup notification, although beyond recognizing
the problem I don't know how to tackle it either.  I only recognize this
sort of problem because it came up in some discussions of the *.desktop
file key for the startup notification implementation that an application
supports.