Re: Iceweasel keeps busy cursor at startup

Hi!

Camaleón schrieb:

After updating Iceweasel package from backports I have noted that when launching the program from taskbar icon, Iceweasel opens fine but mouse cursor keeps the busy status (round ball) until a few secons, even though the program has been fully started.

But if I launch the program from a GNOME terminal ("iceweasel") that does not happen, and cursor gets the right status (pointer) with no delay.

Wow, that is kind of a strange. It also seems, that even when the busy-cursor seems to disappear, it is even longer to be seen when moving the mouse cursor to the title bar of the iceweasel windows.

Interesting... The Bug also seems to appear on a "normal" iceweasel in testing, so it seems at least not to be a problem with the backport per se, but also in the regular Debian package.

I'll report the bug and we'll see, if the maintainer has an idea about it. Sorry, but I don't think that kind of bug is beyond my knowledge :(

Best regards,
  Alexander

PS: As the cursor is handled by the desktop environment, can someone confirm or disprove, that this also happens using KDE, as I have seen this bug using XFCE and Gnome, I would think so.