Re: Iceweasel keeps busy cursor at startup

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:51:41 +0100, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:

> Camaleón schrieb:
>
>> After updating Iceweasel package from backports I have noted that when
>> launching the program from taskbar icon, Iceweasel opens fine but mouse
>> cursor keeps the busy status (round ball) until a few secons, even
>> though the program has been fully started.

(...)

> Wow, that is kind of a strange.  It also seems, that even when the
> busy-cursor seems to disappear, it is even longer to be seen when moving
> the mouse cursor to the title bar of the iceweasel windows.
>
> Interesting... The Bug also seems to appear on a "normal" iceweasel in
> testing, so it seems at least not to be a problem with the backport per
> se, but also in the regular Debian package.

Mmm, nice catch! :-)

As I only have Lenny installations here was not aware of that... curious
is that no one running testing complained in "debian-user" list :-?

> I'll report the bug and we'll see, if the maintainer has an idea about
> it.  Sorry, but I don't think that kind of bug is beyond my knowledge :(

Thanks for all. I will forward your findings into the debian-user list.

> Best regards,
>    Alexander
>
> PS: As the cursor is handled by the desktop environment, can someone
> confirm or disprove, that this also happens using KDE, as I have seen
> this bug using XFCE and Gnome, I would think so.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón