Re: unable to use backports repos

	Hello!

* Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac <lscarneiro@veltrac.com.br> [2010-02-22 21:27:02 CET]:
> Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
>>> The following NEW packages will be installed:
>>>   libcap2 samba-common-bin
>>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>  This is because updating the package would pull in further packages
>> from backports.
>>
>>  Without specifying the -t option apt won't try to pull in new packages
>> from that distribution and thus the dependency resolver doesn't find an
>> update option for you.
>
> Ok. So, how should i procede if i want to upgrade all my system with the
> backports tree, and keep it upgraded in that way? I'll should always use
> the '-t lenny-backports' to avoid this kind of situation?

 Well, it depends. Not all packages do pull in new packages from
backports on upgrades all the time. Also, "apt-get install" isn't really
upgrading the system but requesting a single package install. So if you
know you have this and that package pulled from backports doing an
"apt-get -t lenny-backports install $packagelist" for those should
behave nicely. Just with any upgrade, don't do it unattended. :)

 Have fun!
Rhonda