Re: unable to use backports repos

Hi again everyone.

Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
	Hi!

 Please refrain from sending HTML(only) mails, thanks.
Ok, no prob.
* Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac <lscarneiro@veltrac.com.br> [2010-02-22 21:10:26 CET]:
TRYING TO UPDATE THE PACKAGE.
kody:~# apt-get install smbclient
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
smbclient is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

 Right.

FAIL. TRYING AGAIN, WITH BACKPORTS OPTION EXPLICIT
kody:~# apt-get -t lenny-backports install smbclient
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
required:
  libtalloc1
  libcap2 libwbclient0 samba-common samba-common-bin
Suggested packages:
  smbfs
  libcap2 samba-common-bin

 This is because updating the package would pull in further packages
from backports.

 Without specifying the -t option apt won't try to pull in new packages
from that distribution and thus the dependency resolver doesn't find an
update option for you.

 Hope that helps,
Rhonda

Ok. So, how should i procede if i want to upgrade all my system with the backports tree, and keep it upgraded in that way? I'll should always use the '-t lenny-backports' to avoid this kind of situation?