Re: unable to use backports repos

Hi James and list

James Vega wrote:
On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Leonardo Carneiro - Veltrac
<lscarneiro@veltrac.com.br> wrote:
Hello everyone. I added the backports repo to my source.list of my
debian lenny box and created a file named 'preferences' in my
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ with the following content:

That's incorrect.  As per the instructions[0], the file should be
/etc/apt/preferences.  /etc/apt/apt.conf & /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/ are used
for a completely different purpose than /etc/apt/preferences.

[0] - http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions

I tryed to put the preferences file in the /etc/apt directory, as it is said in the instructions. I have no errors, but i can't use the backports repo either. Is there something that i'm missing?