Re: UNS: Fwd: [VUA 61-1] Updated spamassassin version

Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> Micha Lenk wrote:
> > does anybody know the status of this issue (see VUA 61-1 below) for the
> > version 3.2.5-2~bpo40+1 distributed on backports.org? I guess it isn't
> > fixed yet, so for now I've disabled the affected SpamAssassin test
> > FH_DATE_PAST_20XX on my system.
> >
> > CC to Noah Meyerhans because he last backported spamassasin...
>
> Are you using sa-update?  If so, there's no reason to worry about what's
> in the package, since the updated rules it pulls in will already contain
> the fix.

Reading this makes it sound as if a fix were always to have run
sa-update but that wasn't the case.  The FH_DATE_PAST_20XX rule wasn't
fixed in the sa-update rules until later in the day.  For most of
January 1st the sa-update rules didn't have a fix.  So even for those
of us who regularly run sa-update no fix was available by that method.
At the time running sa-update didn't repair the problem.  Of course it
is available that way *now* though.  So on January 2nd and forward
this should no longer be a problem after an sa-update run.

Here is the update from the upstream maintainer:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general/125511

Bob