Re: pidgin-data 2.6.3-1~bpo50+1 brakes pidgin

* Maciej Sieczka <msieczka@sieczka.org> [2009-10-31 11:27:09 CET]:
> Alexander Wirt pisze:
> >Maciej Sieczka schrieb am Freitag, den 30. Oktober 2009:
> >>I know that http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions
> >>recommends 200, but I swithed to a higher value because 200 does not
> >>make synaptic prefer backports, for me.
>
> >Backports should never be preferred.
>
> http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions doesn't
> mention that.

 It also doesn't mention to set Pin-Priority to 1000, your reasoning is
flawed. ;)

 Drifting away from the instructions should be done with thinking about
what one gets by it. Unfortunately there is a side effect with your
approach, I suggest to you to play around with the preferences a bit
more and read up about the meaning of the numbers in man
apt_preferences, section "How APT Interprets Priorities". Unfortunately
fiddling around with apt preferences is a complicated thing and thus
shouldn't be done lightly.

 Hope that helps! :)
Rhonda