Re: pidgin-data 2.6.3-1~bpo50+1 brakes pidgin

Romain Beauxis pisze:
Le vendredi 30 octobre 2009 06:02:09, Paul Harris a écrit :
Gerfried Fuchs pisze:
Maciej Sieczka wrote:

Just a moment ago I have upgraded to pidgin-data 2.6.3-1~bpo50+1 which uninstalled my pidgin2.6.2-1~bpo50+2. I cannot install pidgin 2.6 anymore now:

Out of curiosity, why didn't you stop it to uninstall your pidgin
 package?

The same problem hurt me a while ago too.

Isn't the apt-get upgrade command made to avoid this and apt-get dist-upgrade command to force it ?

I'm using update-manager (I mean the stock Debian stable GUI utility for
upgrades). I don't know if it follows apt-get upgrade or dist-upgrade
behaviour, but I'm pretty sure it didn't warn me that anything would be
unistalled. Maybe because I force backports like this:

$ cat /etc/apt/preferences
Package: *
Pin: release a=lenny-backports
Pin-Priority: 1000

I know that http://www.backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=instructions
recommends 200, but I swithed to a higher value because 200 does not
make synaptic prefer backports, for me.

Maciek