Re: pidgin-data 2.6.3-1~bpo50+1 brakes pidgin

	Hi!

* Maciej Sieczka <msieczka@sieczka.org> [2009-10-30 06:44:00 CET]:
> Just a moment ago I have upgraded to pidgin-data 2.6.3-1~bpo50+1 which
> uninstalled my pidgin2.6.2-1~bpo50+2. I cannot install pidgin 2.6
> anymore now:

 Out of curiosity, why didn't you stop it to uninstall your pidgin
package?

 pidgin-data is architecture independent and thus uploaded with the
initial upload, the pidgin package itself has to get built for the
various architectures before it can be installed. See the new and
extended FAQ: <http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faq>

 You can though still download the pidgin-data 2.6.2-1~bpo50+2 package
from the mirrors, it won't get deleted before the package is built on
all architectures. Unfortunately you have to do that manually:

<http://backports.org/debian/pool/main/p/pidgin/pidgin-data_2.6.2-1~bpo50+2_all.deb>

 Hope that helps!
Rhonda