Re: First try of emacs23 and emacs23-non-dfsg backports for lenny

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 02:07:50PM -0400, James Vega wrote:

> >> Why not using emacs-snapshot? [...] http://emacs.orebokech.com/
> >
> > Because that's not in Debian Testing.
>
> http://emacs.orebokech.com/ provides an apt repository from which to
> install emacs-snapshot.  That repository provides builds for both sid
> and lenny.

Ah, right, I forgot. I played around with it on Lenny months ago,
too. :-)

> The point was to simply use its repository instead of putting work
> into backporting a package that's already being backported (just not
> via the backports framework).

Ok, I understood it the other way round. (Obviously. ;-)

Thanks for clarification!

		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
--
Axel Beckert <beckert@phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
IT Services Group, HPT D 17                 voice: +41 44 633 41 89