Re: First try of emacs23 and emacs23-non-dfsg backports for lenny

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM, Axel Beckert <beckert@phys.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 02:29:10PM +0200, Cyril Bouthors wrote:
>> > I've got a first version of packages for Lenny built from emacs23 and
>> > emac23-non-dfsg sources. I put binary (i386) and source packages at
>> >
>> > #v+
>> > deb http://www.netsys-it.de/rdoering backports/
>> > deb-src http://www.netsys-it.de/rdoering backports/
>> > #v-
>>
>> Why not using emacs-snapshot?
>>
>> http://emacs.orebokech.com/
>
> Because that's not in Debian Testing.

http://emacs.orebokech.com/ provides an apt repository from which to
install emacs-snapshot.  That repository provides builds for both sid
and lenny.  The point was to simply use its repository instead of
putting work into backporting a package that's already being backported
(just not via the backports framework).