Re: etch-backports strangeness

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 03:42:55PM +0100, Boris Dores wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 09:05:08AM (GMT-0500), Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> > What I do not understand is why hundreds of packages would be scheduled
> > to upgrade, even when many of them are installed from the etch version,
> > and not from the etch-backports version.
> >
> > Could someone hazard a guess as to what is going on?
>
>   It's seems likely that there is a line with "stable" instead of "etch"
> in your /etc/apt/sources.list, automatically trigerring the upgrade when
> Lenny was released this week end.
>
>   Best regards.

Sorry for not being more precise, but that is not it.  Packages are only
being upgraded to the latest version of etch-backports (whether or not
the version currently installed on the system was pulled from
etch-backports) and there are no occurrences of "stable" in my
sources.list.

If "stable" were in there, it'd be lots more packages for the upgrade.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sánchez