Re: gnash0.8.2

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:16:27PM +0200, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> 	Hi!
>
>  [am not sure wether you are subscribed to the list, so don't get mad
> about a maybe not neccessary off-list Cc]

Actually, I always welcome them.  I tend to miss things very easily when
I'm not CCed.

>  Alternative Build-Depends are nothing a build daemon can work with - it
> will always choose the first of such a thing. This has always been the
> case, it's nothing different from an upload to unstable.
>
>  Please remove libcurl4-gnutls-dev from that alternative list (and maybe
> also libcurl4-openssl-dev) so it will work, otherwise the package will
> stay unbuilt on all archs that you didn't upload. If you see that as a
> service to the users of your package, that's fine with me.

After a long, heated discussion on IRC, I think we agreed to disagree.  We
also agreed that for the sake of users it's better to work around this, even
if it's a bug in sbuild and is completely unfair that I have to carry this
burden with each upload.

Anyway, just uploaded gnash_0.8.2-1~bpo40+5_amd64.changes with the work
around.

--
Robert Millan

"The technological evasion of the license is as unacceptable as the
 legal evasion of the license [...].  That's the provision in section
 1 regarding keys. [...]  We say one thing: when you sell somebody a
 home... give him the keys"  -- Eben Moglen on GPLv3