Re: Version strings for backports

Thomas Stein escreveu:
On 29.04.2007, 00:07 Uhr, Nikita V. Youshchenko wrote:

Hello.

I've just realized that current version string template (origversion~bpo.N)
doesn't scale to configuration when backports for more than one debian
release exist (e.g. backports for sarge and backports for etch).

Using same version strings in both suits looks broken for me.

Backports for Sarge and Etch are kept in separate repositories, so the
version strings should not be a problem

they are in updates from sarge BPO to etch BPO because they are the same.

i agree with this naming scheme. BPO40-1 ~BPO31-1 that makes the path easy to update.

# backports for Debian Sarge
deb http://www.backports.org/debian sarge-backports main contrib non-free

# backports for Debian Etch
deb http://www.backports.org/debian etch-backports main contrib non-free