NVidia drivers and 2.6.18...
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: NVidia drivers and 2.6.18...
- From: "Dale E. Martin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 07:20:01 -0500
- Message-id: <20061118122001.GA6187@gerbil.toadis.porkis>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I recently upgraded to linux-image-2.6.18-2-k7, version 2.6.18-5~bpo.1.
The nvidia drivers prior to 9625 would not build for me, so I grabbed the
9625 version from experimental. These compile again 2.6.18 just fine, but
when I grabbed the source for nvidia-glx 9625 from experimental it refuses
to install as it depends on xorg 7.0.
Anyone worked through all of these issues? Currently it sounds like I
could downgrade kernels and then go back to older nvidia drivers, although
I just saw that etch will be shipping with linux 2.6.18 so I'd rather not.
Dale E. Martin - email@example.com