Re: Issues with ekiga

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> None of this (neither the audio problems, nor the warnings) happens when
> I run ekiga from my sid chroot, with the very same kernel. So, this must
> be a userland issue, but I don't know how to track it down.

[...]

> Any ideas? Thanks.

I did the following upgrade (to bpo versions):

  linux-sound-base
  alsa-base alsa-utils libasound2 libasound2-dev procps

but this is even worse. In addition to the problems mentioned in the
previous mail, the sound in ekiga (even the lady's voice from
500@ekiga.net) is absolutely awful (I don't know the english word for
this: you only get to hear very small slices at a time; then very short
silence, then a very small sound slice, etc.). However, XMMS with the
alsa plugin and aplay still work fine...

:-|

--
Florent