Re: Issues with ekiga

Actually, ekiga from bpo still exhibits a severe problem here: the audio
part is extremely unreliable: I tried several times the echo test with
500@ekiga.net, but I quickly get to hear a few "cracks" through the
speakers and see the green volume meter for the microphone freeze. Since
this happens most of the times well before the lady's voice stops, I
don't even get a chance to hear my echo. However, when it happens later,
I do hear myself with the expected latency... until the dreaded volume
meter freeze happens---usually a matter of a few seconds.

Moreover, when starting ekiga in this configuration (sarge + bpo), I get
a bunch of those warnings on the terminal:

(ekiga:7014): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed

where the number at the beginning is the PID of the ekiga process.

None of this (neither the audio problems, nor the warnings) happens when
I run ekiga from my sid chroot, with the very same kernel. So, this must
be a userland issue, but I don't know how to track it down.

Maybe I should add that running "arecord | aplay" is perfectly reliable
in the sarge+bpo system, so this doesn't look like a general problem
with audio capture there...

Any ideas? Thanks.

--
Florent