Re: Issues with ekiga

Hi,

Guido Trotter <ultrotter@debian.org> wrote:

>> Did you also install the correct libpt-plugins package? The backport
>> works fine for me using libpt-plugins-alsa.
>>

> I do have it installed, but it doesn't help! :(

I have good news for you. I had the same problem and I found[1] that the
libpt-plugins-alsa from sarge was too old for the ekiga available on bpo.
Installing libpt-plugins-alsa from bpo solved the problem. The same thing
applies to libpt-plugins-v4l2.

IOW: the dependencies of the ekiga backport are two loose.
     (I cannot tell the minimum versions required for the plugin
     packages; I can only say that for alsa and v4l2, the versions in
     sarge don't work while those on bpo do.)

  [1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnomemeeting-list/2006-May/msg00311.html

--
Florent