Re: default pin

also sprach Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net> [2006.06.23.1557 +0200]:
>   * if any other package depends on a higher version of a package which
>     is not satisfiable on sarge, but on sarge-backports.

This is what I am talking about. In this case I'd want to give
explicit permission, not just let APT take something from
backports.org that I didn't previously "authorise" for installation.

Otherwise people may fall prey to errors like I just did: installed
/etc/apt/preferences to /etc/preferences with FAI and consequently
had to reinstall all our cluster machines, because I surely don't
want *all* backported packages to replace the sarge packages.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@madduck.net

"fools ignore complexity. pragmatics suffer it.
 some can avoid it. geniuses remove it."
                                                      -- alan perlis