Re: RFC: casacore-2.1.0-1 debian package

Hi Benda,

thank you very much for the update! Especially for looking through the
files and their licenses. We are getting closer...

There is a Lintian warning
"copyright-refers-to-deprecated-bsd-license-file". This is connected to
the phrase in debian/copyright:

 On Debian systems, the full text of the BSD-3-clause can be found in
 the file `/usr/share/common-licenses/BSD'.

Since you already put the fill BSD-3-Clause text into debian/copright,
the simplest would be to just remove the phrase above.

Gijs, I didn't follow how the Python bindings work in casacore: I assume
that the libcasacore-python library is not enought to do an "import
casacore", and one needs your "python-casacore" package, right?

Could you also explain what is needed to support Python 3 here? Or maybe
(casacore is team-maintained at the end) just push the needed changes to
our git repository, if Benda agrees? I think this would speedup the
completion of the package.

In the moment, I have only limited internet access (being at the VLT in
Paranal), but maybe we can get it ready so that I can upload next week?
This would be great!

Gijs, would you write an ITP for the python-casacore package? I think
this would be the logical next step here. ;-)

Best regards

Ole