Re: Linux mainline / pure Debian on Acer Chromebook R13 [was: Re: Feedback from the community -> ARM]

On Sun, 2021-06-20 at 21:09, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> On 6/18/21 9:16 PM, Milan P. Stanić wrote:
> > > Are those patches published somewhere (and what are they for)?
> >
> > Yes, here:
> > https://git.alpinelinux.org/aports/tree/testing/linux-elm
> >
> > one is to fix mmc devices order to not be random.
>
> That should better be done in the machine.dts. See for example
> https://git.kernel.org/linus/5dcbe7e3862dfc89d219f37a9ed5e53944fa13c2

Yes, I've seen this patch in my local git clone and even thought to post
this I made but not sure where to post it.

> > one to 'cut' down external mmc frequency.
>
> This should probably sent to mainline. With a proper change log this should
> be easy.

Actually I looked in Arch Linux Alarm (and refactored it somewhat) when made
this patch and don't want to 'stole' it in a hope that original author
will post it.

> > and one to fix spi nor frequency.
>
> This increases spi nor frequency. The only benefit should be to speed up
> reading/writing, so it's not necessary to make the machine work correctly.
> If you mention the actual used part this should also be easy to bring into
> mainline.

TBH I even forgot for what reason I added this one, so not sure even if
it is still needed.

--
Kind regards