Linux mainline / pure Debian on Acer Chromebook R13 [was: Re: Feedback from the community -> ARM]

On Vi, 11 iun 21, 19:24:45, Milan P. Stanić wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-06-11 at 10:03, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > [1] writing this on an Acer Chromebook R13 running an ancient kernel
> > from archlinuxarm.org that would benefit from mainline support.
>
> Also I'm writing this on 'Acer Chromebook R13' but with mainline kernel
> 5.12.10 with three patches I added.

Are those patches published somewhere (and what are they for)?

> It is really good machine though it
> is four years old. Only suspend-to-ram doesn't work with kernels 5.11
> and 5.12 but it worked with previous kernels, 5.8 and 5.9 iirc.
>
> Again shameless plug: I wrote small note and script to install alpine
> linux on R13, here
> https://arvanta.net/alpine/install-alpine-on-acer-r13-chromebook/

As far as I can tell that script must be run from within an already
existing Alpine Linux install. Am I guessing correctly that the package
linux-elm contains the kernel image? I'd rather try and extract the
kernel + modules only as I have no intention to move away from Debian.

A list of options that must be enabled in the kernel for the R13, as
well instructions for building the image to be flashed to the kernel
partition would also be very helpful.

With these we might be able to get full support for the R13 in the
Debian kernel and flash-kernel.

Kind regards,
Andrei