Re: Debian Pinebook Pro

September 11, 2021 9:19 PM, "Vagrant Cascadian" <vagrant@debian.org> wrote:

> On 2021-09-11, Peter Ehlert wrote:
>
>> On 9/11/21 1:11 AM, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
>>> On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 10:01:49 +0300
>>> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Andrei -- happy Debian user of a PINE A64+ and (still) considering
>> the Pinebook Pro for my next laptop

>> superior build quality, I really like it, but it is not my daily driver
>>
>> lurking here for tips on how to get Debian running on it.
>
> I gave a talk (that had some glitches...) at DebConf21 which has bits
> and pieces of what I did to make a live image that boots on both the
> pinebook and pinebook-pro:
>
> https://debconf21.debconf.org/talks/88-two-pinebooks-walk-into-a-bar
>
> with video available at:
>
> https://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2021/DebConf21
>
> And slides:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/two-pinebooks-walk-into-a-bar
>
> At some point I'd like to firm up the process for making live images for
> arm64... but at the moment it's still a bit ad-hoc, though I've managed
> a proof of concept! :)
>
> The next feature I need to work into it would be to add UEFI support,
> then it could boot any system with UEFI as well as 1-3 systems with
> compatible u-boot offsets...
>
> live well,
> vagrant

Awesome! Very much enjoyed seeing, and hearing, the talk, on and about my Pinebook Pro! With Kali/debian on PineBook Pro: Wifi works; sound works, not very loud, but loud enough to hear the talk; also has difficulty with suspend/hybernate and low battery.

What was the purpose of providing a makefile instead of just a PDF of slides? I already had graphviz, but all the rest took "185 MB of archives" download, and used "605 MB of additional disk space," for 1.2 MB of PDF file? Now I is a developer/builder?!