Re: Debian Pinebook Pro

On 9/11/21 2:19 PM, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
On 2021-09-11, Peter Ehlert wrote:
On 9/11/21 1:11 AM, Keith Bainbridge wrote:
On Tue, 7 Sep 2021 10:01:49 +0300
Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
Andrei -- happy Debian user of a PINE A64+ and (still) considering
the Pinebook Pro for my next laptop
superior build quality, I really like it, but it is not my daily driver

lurking here for tips on how to get Debian running on it.
I gave a talk (that had some glitches...) at DebConf21 which has bits
and pieces of what I did to make a live image that boots on both the
pinebook and pinebook-pro:

https://debconf21.debconf.org/talks/88-two-pinebooks-walk-into-a-bar/

with video available at:

   https://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2021/DebConf21/

And slides:

   https://salsa.debian.org/vagrant/two-pinebooks-walk-into-a-bar

At some point I'd like to firm up the process for making live images for
arm64... but at the moment it's still a bit ad-hoc, though I've managed
a proof of concept! :)

The next feature I need to work into it would be to add UEFI support,
then it could boot any system with UEFI as well as 1-3 systems with
compatible u-boot offsets...

live well,
   vagrant

thanks for the input and encoragement