Re: iMX8 support in debian

On 2021-03-25 15:12 +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:

> Update: Wookey reported a bug and mentioned via irc that imx8 is missing. I
> enabled a few settings (see https://deb.li/3fUTV) and I'm convinced that
> only ARCH_MXC is not enough.

That does look a lot more convincing. The info I found yesterday about
other config options all talked only about imx4/5/6/32bit so I wasn't
sure wich were relevent.

There should be sensible configs in the Ubuntu and librem5
kernels configs. If anyone knows for sure please post on the bug
https://bugs.debian.org/985862

> I don't know the plans for an updated kernel in bullseye, but if it helps
> you (or us :-) I might be able to build the current state for you and
> provide you a link.

That could be useful. A build takes me 7 hours to build and 3 to
upload at the moment. (I can fix that next week).

Wookey
http://wookware.org/