Re: iMX8 support in debian

On 2021-03-24 20:29 +0100, William Bonnet wrote:

> I own since a couple weeks a nitrogen iMX8 board I am currently using a
> kernel and image provided by the manufacturer.
>
> I would be really happy to help on this task and join the effort. Please
> how can i help you Wookey and Paul ? .

Take the latest Debian kernel source: (	5.10.24-1 )
Change the debian/config/arm64 to enable imx8
Build it and test that it works.
I don't _think_ any more changes will be needed.

Report the change you made and the results you found in a bug
asking for IMX8 suport to be enabled in the kernel.

I was trying to work out what the right config option was, and I think it's just
CONFIG_ARCH_MXC=y (in debian/config/arm64/config

Maybe there are some other drivers needed to make it useful?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/