Re: Raspberry Pi

Gene was complaining about speed and at times video has been part of
the problem.  Yes, the Pinebook Pro has a T860 Mali which supposedly
is compatible with Vulkan. https://www.pine64.org/pinebook-pro/   I've
been trying to find something to learn Vulkan on, I can't quite do it
on an RPI 3B, Rock64, or Odroid N2 which I have.  I would consider a
limit a defect if there's no way to disable it for benchmarking
purposes,  I thought I was seeing around 300 FPS a couple years ago on
my Rock64 from Glxgears but I can't duplicate it now.  I'm considering
it a measure of efficiency and lack of software emulation.

There's no Mali driver for an RPI of course but some of the demos that
come in /opt/vc/src are impressive.  Unfortunately they all seem to
use Dispmanx, might be adaptable to GLFW.  But I don't know OpenGL,
Vulkan seems  more interesting.  I want to write shaders or the
equivalent and get those little processors in the GPU doing useful
stuff.  Not with making pretty pictures in mind.  Low level stuff but
not as low as qasm because that's not portable.

--
No, I won't  call it "climate change", do you have a "reality problem"? - AB1JX