Re: Raspberry Pi

> The whole point of my rant is that the instant folks find out that 64 bit
> will run on whatever platform we are discusing, and armhf needs more
> attention paid to details like addressing beyond 3 gigs, PAE IOW, 6
> months later there are no armhf distros left.

FWIW, I'm finding hard to believe that the AArch64 architecture
necessarily suffers from 10 times higher latency than the AArch32.

I suspect that your problems with the Aarch64 architecture are due to
the fact that there have been less efforts at keeping the latency of
Linux-on-AArch64 under control, and that should improve over time.

It's possible that the best latency will still be worse than what you
can get with AArch32, but not as bad as 10 times as bad.

> That, and only the raspi supplied srcs know about the mali video,
> giving us full screen glxgears at 60 fps since buster 10.2.

Really?  I can't see any trace of Mali hardware in the Raspberry Pi
specification.  AFAICT the rpi3 comes with a Videocore IV while the rpi4
comes with a Videocore VI.
So I'm not sure what good software support for mali would do.

> That  mali video is not now nor from statements made by debian folks, will
> never be available from debian so debian is doomed to 3 fps framebuffer
> displays.

The official Mali driver from ARM is proprietary and there are no signs
of ARM getting their head out of the asses in this regard, so indeed in
the foreseeable future there's no plan to incorporate the Mali driver
into Debian.  This said, there's a Free Software driver and it's
definitely included in Debian (the kernel part included since Linux-5.2
and the userland part since Mesa-19.1)

        Stefan